Tuesday, December 29, 2009

炒薯粉小食馆@Old Klang Road (opposite post office)

Sorry to my blog follower.. Busy recently, not manage to update my site.. Went to Old Klang Road for dinner again with Makan Gang after work.. CW brought us here, highly recommended by him.. seriously, This restaurant is kind of like located at a hidden place.
At the back street of the house...during night time, there are two stall selling food outside here.. if you are not familiar, you will end up dine in at the wrong restaurant =p

Back street..keep walking...

This small little door is on your left hand side.. No english signboard. This restaurant is very popular with their fried potato starch. [Question:how to fried potato starch? lol their signature dish]

[left] inside the restaurant [right] menu is on the wall and all written in Chinese

[The food below are their Signature dishes.. you guys may consider to give a try!]
Hokkian Mee - The sauce is very thick, two different style compared with the one I had at Setapak, appetizing smell.. I don't taste much of fried lard 炸猪油. Maybe I put too high expectation on this noodle..not as good as I expected. lol.

Fried Pak Guo 炒白粿 - This round was my second time to eat this noodle. The Pak Guo very soft, served hot topped with scallion it smell good.. the sauce is juz Nice!

Their most unique signature dish - Fried potato starch 炒薯粉 - First I tot this is Dry Fried Kuey Teow 干炒河, until Cw told me about it.haha.. Served with prawn, pork, cabbage and dried shrimp. Very nice!!

Deep fried wheat chicken [look a like as popcorn chicken] - 麦香鸡 - Very crispy, taste good!


Soy Sauce Steam Fish Head - 酱蒸鱼头 - Nice!

Very tasty sauce, perfect combination! The fish is delicate and fresh.. kind of like melt inside your mouth..haha. The meat is tender too.

Signature Tou Fu - 招牌豆腐 - Must Try! Deep fried in golden colour.. taste good!

We were there for quiet long.. after finish the first round, decided to have another dish..now come the last dish.. Butter spicy ribs - 奶油辣骨 - Nice! the sauce is not spicy, tender meet.. very filling. lol

Dinner for Five 5 - Total bill RM100.00

Thanks to One of the member, Cw - brought us here for dinner.
I would like to apologies, is rainy day during my visit, not manage to get the road name..

Location: Old Klang Road, you will pass by Maybank on your left [left turn is to Taman Desa].. While you are towards Pearl Point, turn in the road on your left after the market [under a bridge], U will see Post Office opposite of this road..

14 comments:

  1. Waliao~ Damn delicious the food pix :S Visited the post at wrong timing...I am hungry now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha.. cook instant noodle to tahan first.. lol
    Delicious indeed ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    Alamak! it's opposite the post office ah? I thought it's behind tthe post office near Chong Wenn School.No wonder cari punya cari cannot find :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, is opposite the post office.
    If my fren didn't guide me there in stead of I going there by my own, I will end up dine in at the wrong place..haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. HEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY...i din expect this restaurant is still there (sound very bad ho)..been there bout 11 years ago!!! wowo..i remember it is a small restaurant but pack with customer!! okoko..must go and try again!! thanks!! thanks for your post!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are welcome! I didn't know this restaurant was there for so long! haha.. your last visit was 11 years back,pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmm..according to ur directions, u say turn left after pasar and post office will be opposite us. But pasar and post office same row 1 woh @@ Can give more detailed direction? I'm interested to try it out =x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah! I tries it before. Really nice.
    Now it's hard to find delicious 炒薯粉 dy...

    Oh ya, can we find a day for gathering? Long time din meet with u guys...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi kRaZy.. when u reach the market, you are able to see a left turning (under a bridge) into a small road..this shop is actually opposite the post office. Hope you able to find it. ENjoy!

    Hi Alexis.. Yup, the 炒薯粉 Fried potato starch is nice!
    Gathering, no problem maybe after CNY. But some of them went over to SG already T.T

    ReplyDelete
  10. but the thing is..to get to the opposite of post office we need to u-turn on the right instead of turning left?

    ReplyDelete
  11. This shop is not facing the main road.. Turn left into SJK (c)Chong Wen 崇文国民型华文小学 then you are able to find it..
    I juz had my dinner there juz now.. I ordered Fried Mee Suah 炒面线 and 荷叶虾. Very Nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This restaurant is known as Restoran PuYuan, located opposite the Old Klang Road Post Office, just adjacent to the chinese school, Chong Wen.

    I went to this shop today due to the good comments from this blog, but, alas, I was very very disappointed.

    For 2 adults, we ordered the fried sweet potatoes noodle, fried glass noodles and fried century eggs and these all added up to RM26. When I asked the lady why so expensive, she told us the fried sweet potatoes noodle is for 2 persons. I protested that we only ordered 1 person portion for each of our dishes. How could we have ordered a 2 person portions of fried sweet potatoes noodle when we also had fried glass noodles and fried century eggs, when there were only 2 adults. And the portion of fried sweet potatoes noodle is so little, didn't seem to me like for 2 persons.

    There is another shop opposite FGA church at Jalan Kuchai Lama. Also serve the similar foods, supposedly operated by a relative to this Restoran PuYuan. I think it's called Restoran Lim Kee. Taste way better and also charge accordingly, not conning people as the like one.

    I regret going to Restoran Puyuan today, and it will be last time I get conned by them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sad to hear about your bad experience at this restaurant.. Erm..Yes,the price of the food is slightly higher than others.. But I still find the taste of the food here is Good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. please come agains...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails