Saturday, January 30, 2010

Tmn Connaught's Night Market @ Cheras, KL

Make a trip to Tmn Connaught night market with Yvonne after work.. it has been a while I didn't go to night market. Subang Gang pun not interested to go this kind of place and I hardly accompany my mum to buy vegetable..Opps.. ^^
臭豆腐 “Chou" Toufu - This is one of Yvonne favorite.. I never ever walk near to this stall in the past of my 23 years life and never think of putting this food into my mouth! gosh! But today 16/12/09 is a breakthrough for my self.. she insist wan me to try on this.. Omg!
Price list are paste on the signage and the statement on the signage "aroma across a thousand miles" truly represent the nature of this food..

At first I couldn't understand how people manage to put this kind of food into their mouth, Arrgghh..I bet you don't want to see how I put this into my mouth..haha..

Ok, let me share my experience with you guys.. My first bite..The texture of the toufu is Very crispy. I Love it! haha.. This food had a bad smell when is far from you.. but when served and placed in front of me I don't smell stink. Actually I'm struggling to finish it..She knows..haha. The cabbage has a weird taste.. i think they go through the process of Fermentation.. together with chili so is able to mask the smell actually. Overall - Nice! unforgettable moment indeed!


The last piece of mine, is not easy.. haha..

Next.. Yvonne recommended this stall 珍珠奶茶 Ice Blended-Pearl Milk Tea, They have variety of flavour and you can refer to their banner and select the drink to make your order..
[right] The powder for each different flavour..

Guess, what is this flavour with white in colour.. coconut? LoL is Almond Ice-blended.
Chocolate Almond, Almond cookies but not everyone can accept Almond tea / Ice-blended, due the the taste is very unique, first timer might say it taste weird.haha.. we like this! weird huh? *wink*

This truck is park outside Public Bank. They are selling homemade mini pizza. Mook is their family name. Good business!!

Ingredient section ^^

[left] another side of the truck, boxes arranged in an oganised manner [right]Pizza crust ready for topping

Price list.. Mini or Regular size pizza

Our Hawaiian Pizza - Give a try if u able to find them

One bite.. Nice! mayonnaise + chicken + cheese + pineapple..

This is something new to me.. Green Tea ice Jelly - Nice. The boss requested to take a picture of him..

龙须糖 Long Xu Tang aka Dragon's Beard Candy - Her favorite too.. this is one of the ancient China Emperor's dessert. We bought two flavour, the (white) original with peanuts filling and (brown) Coffee flavour. This candy will melt inside your mouth and it taste soft and crunchy.
龙须糖一咬下去,必定会粘牙,我第一次吃就被粘到张不开口,正确的吃法是把糖放入口中含着,慢慢感受品尝它的甜味,等到外面那层糖丝化得差不多了,再把糖丝咬开去品味里面的夹心,花生和芝麻的香甜随即而来,很甜!!

7 comments:

  1. Hehehe...you went and try the Chao Taou Fu ya...I also tried before at this stall...hate and love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi uLi.. Hate and Love it, haha ^^ I will CONSIDER to try it again on my next visit.haha.

    Hi Iso775533eac, Wat a unique nickname. haha. Thanks! 谢谢,也希望所介绍的美食能让您吃的多姿多彩!! Have a nice day ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Long Xu Tang, I like it .. my favourite...:)But quite long time din go there le... Sure got a lot of Q Q foods to eat..

    Enjoy o:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi QQ, this night market available on every Wednesday night! drop by there if you are free, enjoy ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. i went there last month for my very first visit to this pasar malam, and i was sweating like hell, sweat dripping off my body like caught in rain.. hahaha!! maybe i won't go there anymore unless it's a cooling day..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi SK.. Ini lah Pasar Malam ^^
    Wow.. first visit and end up with this impression. OMG! consider wear short pant and singlet nex time.. U tried any food there?

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favourite Chinese New Year food (though you sometimes find it all year round) is the Dragon Beard Candy, an ancient Chinese Emperor’s Dessert. It’s made into very sweet thin strands and sometimes filled with peanuts.
    If you’ve never tried it, you simply have to! The only place I know to find this online is http://www.geocities.jp/family_hong_kong/English/Dragon_Beard_Candy_index.htm.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails